Thursday, July 8, 2010

...They are precious in his sight...

Landon told me that I better start posting more than once a week or all of you wonderful friends will stop reading my blog. That makes sense. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't have anything to write about.

This week I got to meet two friends' babies. I love to meet babies. I have personally prayed for for these precious children when they were being formed in their mommy's bellies, and one of them even before conception. Our friends' seemingly endless prayers through years of infertility have been answered with this precious baby girl!

I am so grateful for the children in my life. Children are each miracles, each a little picture of God - before culture and tragedy and disappointment corrupt them into beautiful, vain, opinionated, well-meaning adults. Of course they are not little gods nor are they perfect. We see our selfish natures in our children as well, don't we? But when I look around me and see a plummeting global economy, corrupt governments, violence, poverty, disease and hopeless in our world - when I wonder why God allows us to continue on like this - I see these children and I am hopeful. Each new child is a chance at a better humanity, a better world.

2 comments:

Anna said...

How about a post on things you are loving lately? I always enjoy reading those. Or some pictures,maybe not of your house on the web but perhaps some pictures of your coffee shop and the Good Food Store, things in your new neighborhood that you are loving.

Jaime Leigh said...

Children are very precious!!! I wished all of the children in the world new just how precious they are!!!