Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Craft

Friends, remember this tutorial by Sew Much Ado that I included in a post about the Thrifty Home last month?

Welp, I put it together at my house this weekend. I just happened to have some cute flannel fabric laying around and after muckey-ing up my last swifter duster on Saturday morning, I thought I would at least try and see if this would be a good [sustainable = cheap and eco-conscience] alternative. I had my doubts.

The craft itself was a piece of cake! It was probably the easiest thing I've made. No measuring, only a tiny bit of sewing in a straight line, and mostly just cutting. It was so simple and easy and very quick.

After a good wash and dry it came out all scraggly and ready to collect dust. So, even though I dusted all the surfaces on Saturday morning, I couldn't help but dust everything else Saturday night!

And the duster worked great! I think it collected dust even better than the swiffer product. And it was more efficient because this duster is double sided, swiffer's duster is not. AND I'll just toss it in the laundry with all of my cleaning cloths. It's easy. I'm so glad that I don't have to buy any more of those swiffer duster refills and waste the mullah, packaging, not to mention the product itself. 

I'm excited!

1 comment:

Brandon and Callie said...

yay! I love this! i may have to make one of these with some of my time off :)