Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My September issue of "Real Simple" has a section of vegetarian recipes. So this week, i am cooking vegetarian. i'm letting you know this, because i will be sharing any and all of the recipes that are any good. Last night we had a potato leek zucchini fritatta, which was delicious, inexpensive, but a bit carb-too-licious, in my opinion. One of my challenges in cooking vegetarian is also cooking without many carbs. So i never cook pastas any more (except for the occasional vegetarian lasagna - one of landon's fav's) and i try to lay off of rices and potatoes as much as possible.

Last night i had a sewing disaster - i was attempting my first project beyond table napkins. Once i figure out WHAT i did wrong, i may be prodding for some advice from you creative ladies tomorrow, so be prepared.

Hm, this reminds me to reintroduce you to Amanda Soule. I love her blog. i actually do read it every day. I love her family's respect for the earth and desire to live simply and resourcefully. Her creativity and skill at crafting inspires me. I love how she fosters creativity and confidence in her children through art and nature in learning. Her pictures are great. She periodically has wonderful recipes on her blog, and as a mother of 4, and accomplished author, i don't know how she has the time to daily maintain a blog (i think she's uber-organized, she even posts a new post every morning at 8am MT - i count on it!) She's awesome.

2 comments:

Merritt said...

you'll have to send me some of your veg. recipes if they turn out well! i'm always looking for some...

Brandon and Callie said...

what did you sew??