Wednesday, October 8, 2008



I know that many of you do this each year. I just wanted to remind you to start thinking and praying about how you would like to be involved this year. I have been so blessed to be a part of Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child project on many levels.

In high school my accountability group and I put together a few boxes for children for Christmas.

While Landon and i were in Africa, my parents brought boxes like OCC boxes to each of the children that we worked with at the orphanage. It was amazing to see each of our sweet orphans open their boxes. Many of these kids had never received their OWN of anything in thier whole lives - especially something brand new. Many of them had no idea how to play with toys that were in packaging - they had never seen toys in packaging before! Once they got past their bewilderment they were SO HAPPY! I think they felt valued and precious - as they are! I was so grateful that my parents had worked to get those boxes together and brought all of them to Africa with them for the children. Seeing those precious kids open their boxes was one of my best memories of our time with them.

Then only 6 months after we left Kenya, my family decided to volunteer at a Processing center that readies the boxes to be sent to the children. i cried and cried the whole time as i was sorting through the boxes just remembering my sweet little orphans opening their own boxes less than a year before. It is a truly precious ministry!

Processing center locations for 2008:
Atlanta, GA......................................(770) 777-9342
Boone, NC.......................................(800) 442-9120
Charlotte, NC...................................(704) 583-1463
Denver, CO......................................(303) 745-9179
Minneapolis, MN..............................(612) 359-7025
Orange County, CA...........................(714) 432-7030

Please consider making Operation Christmas Child a Christmas tradition in your family.

Click here for more information

National Collection Week is November 17-24.

No comments: