Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Last night I had a dream that I somehow recollected during tonight's dinner and can not now forget.


(photo by jessmartin89)

I was playing with a little boy about 3 or 4 years old. He was my son. I guess I was never told that he was and of course, i didn't recognize him (because i don't actually have a son), i don't even remember his face. But I just had the deepest love for him - it was absolutely overwhelming, and that's what I remember most from my dream, that's why it was so powerful. And it was so brief. I just remembering tickling his tiny squirmy ribs and then nestling my face in his baby boy hair. He smelled so sweet and I could hear his laughing in my ear. And my heart swelled. And that was it.

And it's not surprising that I would have a dream like this, with the Christmas that Landon and I had in Georgia with our 8 nieces and nephews. It's not a surprise that this longing has grown and remains so desperate and pleading in my heart.


Maybe some day I will have my own child to nestle and tickle. One with his father's freckled skin and rambunctiousness, no doubt. Mmmm, i am longing for that day.

2 comments:

Merritt said...

your kiddos are definitely going to have little freckled noses!!!

Brooke Hereth said...

yeah! definetly little freckled noses! are you planning on having kids anytime soon, eh eh!! haha! good luck trying to get landon to agree! haha! love you guys!