Thursday, January 7, 2010

The world spins madly on

I'm leaving in a few minutes for Colorado Springs for a meeting with ACSI peeps. So I'll keep this short...

We got bombarded with much snow and very very frigid temperatures yesterday. So Landon is still here in Littleton (should have driven home yesterday) and I am in for a long treck to the Springs.

This New Year should feel more monumental than the last. TEN years since we brought in the millennium - amazing. It feels like only a few short years ago that Bottom Rung brought in the New Year in Dillon, CO - as we performed at a church youth group party. We got "booed" a lot that night by the local punk band. Jerks. But it was still fun to be in the mountains with my favorite guys making the music that we loved. And the world did not end that night, like some had predicted. In fact, life just kept on trucking.

And so we spent this New Year not too far from the mountains of Dillon, CO - at my parents' cabin in Como. Much cross country skiing and fondue eating and a kiss from the hubs made for a wonderful, yet uneventful New Year. The New Moon was amazing and frightful as it lit up the entire expanse of snow-covered mountains. Amazing.

And just a few pictures from the second annual McBrayer/Sheely hut trip to Ken's Cabin:

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I bet you froze your little a$% off in those REI sleeping bags...

Brooke Hereth said...

Gerogia is getting a lot of snow! Its so crazy!

Brooke Hereth said...

thats a cabin?

Brooke Hereth said...

I want to live in Colorado SO BAD. I think that is in the TOP 10 places for me to live. Its so far. Oh well. It calls to me. I love Colorado. The nature is breath-taking. SO BEAUTIFUL. Not even kidding. AND SNOW!!!!!

Brooke Hereth said...

I have fallen in love with Colorado. Just look at my latest post. I LOVE COLORADO!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Wonderful photos. Life is so good! God is so great!

Cin said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sa2HoXpsE

this played in my head as i read your blog. :)

Hannah said...

ha! that song was def. in my head as i was writing! could ya tell? ha!