Friday, November 7, 2008

The joys of the day


After i woke this morning, the first thing i did was bake a pumpkin cheesecake (EVEN before i made a pot of coffee - i'm not kidding). I had meant to make it last night, but i got tired pretty early and went to sleep. I loved working at my computer as the smell permeated the rooms in my house. Landon woke and said, "It smells like Martha Stewart in here!" I'm not sure how he knows what Martha Stewart smells like. It turned out really nicely. So delicious! I got the recipe off of Nestle's recipe website.. I have also made a pumpkin soup recipe from this website that was so so very delicious.

Once we got a good amount of work done, we took a break to shop for our Operation Christmas Child boxes. This was so much fun! Landon put together a box for a boy ages 10-14 and i put together a box for a girl ages 10-14. it was so so sweet to do together and so much fun. What an amazing thing to be a part of.

Duvick was so curious and jealous of this little puppy that i put in my little girl's box. It was a teachable moment - to tell him that this is momma's baby, not Duvick's toy. Well, he's a dog, so maybe he didn't understand a thing...yeah, probably.

Just a reminder to those of you who are considering doing this, boxes need to be dropped of by mid-November, so... get on it! See the OCC link that i have posted on the right column of my blog if you want more info.

No comments: