Monday, November 8, 2010

This is a dark Monday morning. And it shouldn't be, because today's 7am was Friday's 8am, and I know from Friday that this morning should be full of sunshine. And I was so looking forward to waking into a day draped in sunshine. But no.

It's dark.

And raining.

A lot.

(which means it's snowing in the mountains!)

And I am glad to have this morning at home. My first few days at the Aviary last week were great. I am excited about the work there and I am already growing to love those birds. What magnificent creatures. I was asked in my interview by the Executive Director if I could grow to be as passionate about birds as I am about student sponsorship; "are you a bird nerd?" he said. Well, every day for four years I have been looking at the same childrens' faces and children really are my passion. So, I'm not sure if I'll ever be a "bird nerd", but I do really appreciate the role of the Aviary in my community and in the lives of our amazing feathered friends.

I'm excited and encouraged because Landon and I found a church that we both really like. They have soup afterwards and the last 2 Sundays we have stayed for soup and have really enjoyed the fellowship with the sweet people there. Landon wants to make sure that we choose the best church for us, so he's not settled on a particular church yet. After all, this next church will hopefully be our church for the next 3.5 years. AND it will be the first church that we have been able to attend long enough to become members - since we've been married, we haven't been a member of any church. So I'm excited. I can see New Song as our home and the people there as our family during the several years that Landon is at the U. Hopefully we won't have to attend too many more churches.  I'd love to have a home church come 2011.

1 comment:

Brooke Hereth said...

im glad you have enjoyed it! : )