Monday, October 8, 2007

where reason fails...

"Lord, how great is our dilemma! In they Presence silence best becomes us, but love inflames our hearts and constrains us to speak. Were we to hold our peace the stones would cry out; yet if we speak, what shall we say? Teach us to know that we cannot know, for the thing of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Let faith support us where reason fails, and we shall think because we believe, not in order that we may believe." - A prayer by A.W. Tozer

This is something that i have been reading over in my prayers these last few weeks. Sort of where i am right now - trying to understand God in light of his incomprehensibility. As a Christian, i know that all i am is who God has made me and what God chooses to do with me in light of Him. So, these last few years as my idea of God as been uprooted and i have been so desperately searching the being and character of God, my own understanding of myself has been uprooted also and i have been living so unsure of who i am. Not that i seek God in order to understand my own self, but i am truly lost without him.

1 comment:

Brandon and Callie said...

i totally get this, hannah. thanks for blogging:)