Friday, October 12, 2012

Little Baby: 25 Weeks


At 25 weeks, I’m starting to feel the weight of this baby.

She is still only over a pound, which amazes me. But already my protruding belly surprises me.  I’m starting to have to put my shoes on by elevating my foot – I can’t bend down to the ground while sitting in a chair without feeling winded, dizzy, and really uncomfortable. And I get all sorts of dirt and food on my belly. Of course I never notice until I see myself in the mirror because I can only see the top of the belly. So funny.

No one is confused any more about whether I’m pregnant or just chubby. Everywhere I go please ask me questions and remark about how I’m “looking”: You look so cute!   Look at that belly! Etc…. I don’t mind the attention yet. Still no strangers have come up and grabbed me yet. Ha!

I am starting to feel more fatigued again. I’m not sure if this is because of the stage of the pregnancy or because I have been a little under the weather and I’ve been working long hours.

This weekend we are camping, which will be a lot of fun. I certainly haven’t gotten out as much as I usually do or would like to. I haven’t been able to fit in my climbing harness for awhile now, and I doubt carrying a backpacking pack would fit any better. But I’ve been able to get out and see the beautiful fall foliage upon the mountains a few times. I’m just not playing in the mountains like I usually do. All of my friends have purchased their ski passes, and I find myself just as excited for the ski season as always, although I know I won’t be enjoying the slopes until the spring. I’m sure it’ll be a bummer to have friends (and husband) enjoying powder days while I waddle around the house. The reality of that hasn’t  hit me yet.

Yesterday I did some baby laundry with baby laundry detergent. It was so sweet to wash those little clothes and fold them into their designated piles while inhaling the sweet baby scent (baby laundry detergent is a great idea!).

Landon finished repainting the crib and it looks so beautiful! Preparations are underway. She is coming in 3 months. We are so excited!

No comments: