Tuesday, October 16, 2012

26 Weeks: Autumn Camping


Duvick and I at snowbasin enjoying bluegrass music, autumn leaves and friends.

Sunday's Sunrise

We went camping with some dear friends last weekend to City of Rocks. It is such a beautiful climber's paradise in Idaho. Landon did some rock climbing  with a buddy, but I stayed grounded.  I was wondering how sleeping on the ground would be while 6 months pregnant. Landon bought me a blow-up mattress, which was extremely comfortable. I was so grateful. We had such a wonderful time with friends, and 2 days without a mirror made me almost forget that I was pregnant, were it not for this moving baby, my alcohol and climbing restriction, and tight-fitting winter jackets. But i felt so great and was so happy to be in the wilderness. It was wonderful!
Aspen groves look like gold flecks in the sunshine.

During the trip Landon finally felt our little girl move for the first time. I think I may have been more excited than he was that he was finally able to feel her moving. It's too wonderful of a thing to keep to yourself, I'm grateful to finally get to share her movement with him! 

My closet is completely switched out to winter clothes, which I love. My winter maternity clothes that I am borrowing are so beautiful. It's like Christmas every day when I get dressed - so many beautiful things to wear for the first time!

I've been so grateful. This pregnancy has been very easy and such a wonderful experience. I know that I am so fortunate to not suffer the discomforts of pregnancy. I've really been able to savor and enjoy this time.

Tomorrow is our 8 year anniversary. Wow, 8 years! Landon and I have really had an adventure-filled marriage, I feel. And we are soon to embark an adventure that is greater than all adventures past. I'm so grateful to get to experience the joys, triumphs and challenges with him as my partner. I couldn't have chosen a better person in the world to be united with. I'm so grateful.

  

No comments: