Thursday, October 7, 2010

As if we were enjoying a cup of coffee together this morning...

There is a low rumble descending from the clouds. It stirs my heart. The cloudy sky fooled me into waking later than normal. That will probably continue to happen as the days get shorter. Note to self: start to set an alarm clock.

It is Autumn here. There is snow in the mountains.

Slippers, sweats, open windows, and freshly brewed coffee make for a perfect morning.

No pictures for you. I left my camera in the back of my mother's SUV.

I woke with "Glee" music in my head.....again. And I like it.

My legs are aching. Badly. I went for a 3 mile run yesterday and spent bout 2 minutes doing lunges in the park. 2 minutes. And the lunges have me aching this morning. I just wanted to get my legs ready for ski season.

This week I am making winter meals because it is cold enough to open the house while I cook. I am excited for some of my favorite meals that we had to forgo during the summer that involve the crock pot and the oven. Tonight I'm cooking this recipe from my sister-in-law. Thanks, Merritt!

I am reading Toni Morrison again, one of my favorite authors. She is such a talented writer but her books are always so sad. Toni teaches literature at Princeton and has won both the Pulitzer Prize and the Nobel Prize for Literature. If you haven't read one of her books, I recommend that you do.

I really thought I would have a job by now.

I am so moved when the weather comes in, be it wind, rain, lightning, or snow. It is such a peaceful reminder that I am not my own and that my current struggles are actually small and temporary. I love a great God who has moved the wind through this valley for hundreds of years, and he also moves me.

Mr. McBrayer makes me very happy. It is such a pleasure to spend each day with him.
And Duvick.

2 comments:

Brooke Hereth said...

i love you(:

Merritt said...

i'm busting out my soup recipes and crock pot this week too! i love it! wish i was there to have coffee with you...